Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international defense electronics company engaged in a wide range of programs throughout the world. We are committed to meeting leading EHS standards.
Compliance and more At Elbit Systems, we are committed to complying with local and global EHS regulations, in all of our operations. In order to maintain leading compliance standards, we continually review global and local updates in EHS regulations and follow current legislative initiatives.
Operating as a global company demands that we embrace a broad perspective of compliance, which goes beyond regulatory requirements and meets the expectations and requirements of our customers and stakeholders.
Management approach to EHS Environmental – Elbit Systems recognizes the potential environmental impacts of our ongoing operations. We regularly conduct activities that advance environmental friendly practices, including measures to reduce electricity, fuel and water consumption, and maximize recycling of waste.
Elbit Systems has been certified under the ISO 14001-2004 for our environment management system.
Health – Elbit Systems employs thousands of employees globally. As a responsible employer, our goal is to ensure a healthy working environment for our employees. Mandatory health examinations are conducted routinely for employees that work under conditions that may pose potential health issues.
We offer all employees the opportunity to participate in designated health insurance programs.
Safety – Elbit Systems operations include a range of development, manufacturing, testing, logistics and support activities. Therefore we are committed to leading precautionary standards as well as implementation of emergency preparedness systems at all sites. We strive to enhance the safety of our employees, minimize risks, prevent hazards and maintain a safe environment at each facility.
Elbit Systems has been certified under the OHSAS_ 18001-2007 for our occupational health and safety management system.
- Commitment to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Commitment to meet customers’ requirements
- Commitment to create an appropriate work environment.
- Commitment to minimize risks to employees’ health and safety.
- Commitment to train and implement awareness of EHS issues for all employees.
- Commitment to encourage reporting of hazards.
- Commitment to incorporate EHS issues into activity goals.
- Commitment to implement annual improvement plans.
- Commitment to consider EHS issues in development and production.
- Commitment to establish accessible and transparent communication channels with relevant parties.
- Commitment to establish an emergency system at every site.
- Commitment to act to reduce environmental pollution (air, water, soil).
- Commitment to protect natural resources throughout product’s life-cycle